Written byAsmit JoshionMay 9, 2018
We know how annoying it is when you’ve spent time setting up Grepsr for Chrome to collect your data fields, and then you get back partial or no data at all.
We’ve listed some common issues we’ve noticed and tips that might just come in handy the next time you try our Chrome extension or use our Concierge service.
Let’s say you have an ongoing project on our Concierge platform. Then one day you log in to the app, and realize that your data is unrecognizable all of a sudden.
Don’t panic! There’s a perfectly reasonable explanation for what might be going on. It may be any of the following:
- The remote website from where the data was collected has changed. This is normal. Drop us a message and we’ll fix it!
- The remote website was down or unavailable when the crawl took place — re-crawling this later might work.
Data to make or break your business
Get high-priority web data for your business, when you want it.
Grepsr for Chrome
- First things first, make sure you’ve got enough credits!
0 credits = 0 records.
- If the website you were trying to collect from is behind a login, you MUST provide the login details for this to work. The preview on your browser may work when this happens, but our servers will not be able to access the page!
- Make sure you started tagging from a clean state and did not apply any search filters, sorting, form submits, etc. These do not usually transfer well to our servers where the actual data collection happens!
- Some websites are simply very unstructured and difficult to scrape with any self-service tool. Drop us a message for a customized solution.
For cases where the Chrome extension is limited, we recommend you try our Concierge service. Read more on how the Concierge service works here.